15/07/2011

{Pakistan Fashion Extravaganza 2011} Ayesha Mubarak Talks MakeUp

The designers and dresses where amazing, but so was the makeup. Makeup maestro Ayesha Mubarak, was one of the head makup artists and here she tells us about the looks she gave the models for the runway.

Ayesha working her magic on a model


"To start with I kept the base fairly light and fresh. I don't like plastering the face with heavy foundation"

“The girls where given smokey eyes as I feel they're our assets and should be emphasised, traditionally and culturally alot is written about them, they're also seen as the doors to our souls.  Weather its eastern fashion or western smokey eyes has been the my ultimate favourite. Finally I gave slightly nudeish pink lips, a hint of colour on the lips can really brighten the face! For certain designers however I did make the lips brighter by adding shades of pink and red.

Since it wasn't a bridal show I styled it , fit for an evening out or a formal event.
Giving models either loose  bouncy curls or poker straight hair depending on their face shape and hair!






you can check out all the designers from the show here

photo credits AKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing what you think...